There are always emails to be sent out, reminders to remember, notes to jot down, meetings to run to, dinners to rush through.
I am so tired. My head hurts.
Sleep has been less than needed, every activities seem to lose a little of their once bright spark, me getting the flu the second time within 3 weeks.
Even my body is crying out loud.
Pastor Dave spoke at the retreat about spiritual burnout. Being a new Christian, I can't identify with that topic yet.
Little did I know that I've been experiencing extra-curricular activities burnouts (which obviously is not as huge as spiritual burnout) every now and then. Now, especially.
Quote: We experience spiritual burnouts cause we concentrate too much on doing God's work and lose sight of who we are doing this for- God.
Applying it to my case, I kinda lose sight of why am I doing all of these in the first place. Why do I take up tasks when I obviously have a choice to say no.
And I am reminded, like a believer who forgets momentarily whom he is serving- the Lord, I forget that I want to do these activities because I enjoy doing them and because I want to.
So now I remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment