Friday, January 29, 2010

Talentime

Tonight was the Malaysian Movie Night. They showed Talentime by Yasmin Ahmad.

The movie made me shed quite a few tears (but then again, many sentimental movies do).

I really, really like the movie. I think she managed to balanced out controversy scenes with funny ones (READ: the guy with the er hu always appears after a sensitive scene).

The message that I got from the movie is that we'll always encounter racial interaction because our country is so very diverse. But we should not let race or cultural differences limit those interactions. Because in the end, we all have the same needs (different wants I guess) and we all feel the same when faced with a tragedy or another (tell me which sane human would laugh at deaths? you will feel sad also right?).

All in all, it's a story where humility (compassion, love, faith) overcomes physical differences (skin color, race, culture).

MUST WATCH for a few tears and a remembrance of where we belong- together.

No comments:

Post a Comment