Sunday, January 10, 2010

Resolution

I've been feeling rather overwhelmed by the new year. It is enhanced by the fact that this might be my last year in the States. There are internship applications, graduation and the post-graduation to fret about. Fear of the unknown crippled my courage to face the challenges head on. They also blurred my perception of God. I see things the way I want to see them- I want this internship, I want life to be this way after I graduate, I want...I want...and I want. I forgot the most important question of all- What does God wants for me? What is His will? What is His plan for me?

The answer to all these questions might not be what I want at all. But if they are His will for me, then I should trust in Him and follow Him. I don't know what those plans are. However, if I say I believe in Him why can't I trust in Him and His plans. Why then do I waste time worrying over what the future brings and how I can control them to be the way I want them to be? I probably can control some part of them but not everything anyway.

So my resolution for this year is to put my future aspirations in Him. To worry less and to listen more to His voice.

Many things about tomorrow
I don’t seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow,
And I know who holds my hand. —Stanphill

No comments:

Post a Comment